9 Unexplainable Facts About the Moon
1. Initially it was thought that the Moon was born in the same cloud of dust as the Earth, 4.6 billion years ago. Another theory says that the moon is the ” baby ” of the Earth, but the moment that the first stones were collected from the Moon, these theories have turned to pieces. The oldest stones date back 5.3 billion years. This is strange , because this means that the Moon was born long before our planet. Upon this discovery, Dr. Robin Brett, NASA specialist , said that “it is easier to explain the absence of the Moon than its existence.”
2. Rocks collected during the Apollo 11 mission were extracted from the area called the Sea of Tranquility. At that time several samples were taken also from the ground. In laboratory tests it was found that the rocks are much older than the soil from which they were taken. The difference is billions of years. This seems especially impressive given that it was shown that the stones were not brought by meteorites.
3. Is the Moon hollow ? The answer seems to be yes, at least this is what most scientists say. During missions that targeted Earth’s natural satellite, when the lunar modules touched the surface of the Moon, the sound they made was similar to a hammer hitting an empty bell.
4. The dark area of the Moon is another shocking mystery . When we tried to map it, we not only failed to fully do so, but we have also found traces of titanium, zirconium, yttrium, and beryllium. These metals require temperatures above 4500 degrees Celsius to fusion and to exist in the form in which they were found on the Moon. We also know that such temperatures are impossible not only the Moon, but on any planet in our solar system.
5. Russian space probe Zond 20 brought back to Earth many pure iron samples taken from the Moon. Pure iron, the one that never oxidizes, is a mystery for today’s scientific world. How can such a material exist on the Moon ?
6. Apollo 15 astronauts found traces of huge radioactivity on the Moon. Nobody could explain this finding, for which it was forgotten.
7. Anomalies on the Moon have been observed since ancient times. In the past, people used to look to the Moon using rudimentary telescopes and several times claimed to have seen dense clouds. This is impossible because the Moon’s atmosphere can not support clouds. Moreover, NASA astronauts told in their flight reports that they have often found huge clouds of water vapor. The only place from which they come is inside the Moon.
8. Most of the Moon’s surface looks as if it was coated in a layer of glaze. This proves that the Moon has been exposed to extremely high temperature. Scientists have observed that the glaze was not born as a result of nuclear explosions.
9. Another interesting fact about the Moon is that it has no magnetic field. Even so, the analyzed rocks are strongly magnetized and no one can explain why.